First and foremost, IT’S 2014 YOU GUYS!! (at least for me, depends on the timezone). I can’t even believe that this is the year I get to graduate from
endless partying academic hell high school, and pick out courses, and go to college and grow freaking up and SQUEEEEEE 2014!!
… Okay, I needed that. Happy New Year to y’all! Anyway, I just decided to assemble a list of Blogging Resolutions for the New Year, the New Me, and of course the New Flip That Page and share it with you ( it’s not going to change inordinately though, I just wanted to embellish that statement. HA!) If you have some of your own, do tell 🙂
- I will update the blog regularly. I had to go on hiatus for almost a month just recently, because I couldn’t manage my time competently enough to metaphorically stockpile more for responsibilities to Flip That Page. And though it indubitably regained me the drive to blog, I do think it would be nice to leave a post at least 4 times each week, to keep the blog active and my viewers happy.
- I will leave meaningful comments on other blogs. Inasmuch as I detest conversing with walls, I would fall in utter enmity to actually being the wall. As I’ve been doing this pretty much the entire time, I do resolve to leave comments on the blogs I follow, and the blogs of those who take the time to stop by and say hi.
- I will not get involved in drama with authors and fellow bloggers alike. I don’t need a reason to scorn the blogging community, and I assuredly don’t want one. Being the all-around ray of sunshine that I am, however (at least I hope that’s the ilk of aura of I radiate, because who even wants to be around a debbie-downer), I highly doubt that this will be much of a problem (#ego).
- I will be diligent with author review requests. I will push accepted requests as far up the list as is possible. Lately I’ve been feeling iniquitous, on account of my ignorance, but I do resolve to do my part, and this time be persistent in filtering out requests that may be well worth my time, and assiduous in reading sent copies. In exchange for their free provision of the title, it would be nice to give back to these authors with an honest and prompt review.
- I will post original content. I will not succumb to posting memes and tours particularly (though I am envisaging my first tour), and instead focus on generating creative vomit and original content that will provoke thought, encourage discussion, and solve predicaments. If I haven’t been trenchant or convincing enough for your fancies, do forgive me, but I promise to amp up my game for the coming year.
- I will not envy others their success. I will not try to bring others down to bring myself up. Nobody has to be that despicable to gain followers, and anyone who is doesn’t even deserve the attention! Let’s all be friends here,aight? Let’s maximize the use of the word ‘congratulations’ and the phrase ‘I’m happy for you’ sincerely and wholeheartedly, because you know what? Being content is the only answer to being happy.
- I will not obsess over statistics. Followers and retweets are important to bloggers, yes, but they will come in due time, so I needn’t monitor them consistently. Gratitude and improvement is the only way to go, and Augustus Waters did once say, “I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.” (Though I must say that sort of ride will scare the bejeezus outta me).
- I will think of blogging as a hobby, not an obligation. This is paramount for circumventing slumps, because if I want to keep up my blog, it’s important to work at my own pace and not give in to the outside pressure.
- I will queue posts and manage my blog responsibly. I’ve been mentally castigating myself for lacking the initiative, but I do hope this year greets me an active vibe! I think I’m going to need an extra post or two, lickety-split.
- I will fulfill the aforementioned. Easier said then done.
The thing is though, I’ve never been able to keep a project up for more than half a year, save for my planner. Flip That Page, however, has been live for a little over seven months now— and if I do the math–let’s assume correctly–that means I’ve already broken my start-and-not-finish record! (because I sure do hope to start-and-never-finish blogging).
WOOHOO PARTY PARTY!!
My point is, however, that none of this *makes all-encompassing gesture* would have acceded to realization if not for the amazing readers who have been supportive of Flip That Page from day one onwards, and because the New Year is cause enough for celebration, I think now is the time to give back and show you guys just how much I appreciate the people who have inspired me to keep on keeping on, and have kept me company for the duration of my stay (which I hope lasts for much, much longer!)
So, I’ve decided to host, not one, but TWO giveaways (so stay tuned for the next one tomorrow!) to spread the love to all the marvelous readers out there. I will be giving away your choice of book from my top 10 reads this year (you may also choose any other book in the series, if applicable), plus my very first 2014 read, Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. Options include:
Also, a shout-out to my parents: to mommy, for supporting every endeavor, keeping your calm in the midst of vexation, and for being downright awesomesauce for sponsoring this giveaway (so thank her, not me); and daddy, despite being a total non-reader, for encouraging my love for books and deriving happiness from mine . So THANK YOU mom and dad, infinite huggles to both of you!! (I’ll give you real ones later on, you’re right across the hall, haha).
So whether or not it’s your first time on the blog, do participate in this mission to spread the happiness! It is open INTERNATIONALLY, and will end JANUARY 30, 2014. So without further ado…